Sometimes the best way to combat endless dust and dirt in your home is to have your ducts cleaned, but since you only need them cleaned every handful of years, there are some things you can do to prevent Duct Contamination.
A good Preventative Maintenance is essential to minimizing duct contamination.
To prevent dirt from entering the system:
- Use the highest efficiency air filter recommended by the manufacturer of your heating and cooling system.
- Change filters regularly.
- If your filters become clogged, change them more frequently.
- Be sure you do not have any missing filters and that air cannot bypass filters through gaps around the filter holder.
- When having your heating and cooling system maintained or checked for other reasons, be sure to ask the service provider to clean cooling coils and drain pans.
- During construction or renovation work that produces dust in your home, seal off supply and return registers and do not operate the heating and cooling system until after cleaning up the dust.
- Remove dust and vacuum your home regularly. (Use a high efficiency vacuum (HEPA) cleaner or the highest efficiency filter bags your vacuum cleaner can take. Vacuuming can increase the amount of dust in the air during and after vacuuming as well as in your ducts).
- If your heating system includes in-duct humidification equipment, be sure to operate and maintain the humidifier strictly as recommended by the manufacturer.
If you are looking for a reliable, honest & well-priced HVAC company in New Jersey look no further than our sister company Oceanside Service, Inc!
If you have any questions regarding our Duct Cleaning, the benefits or the process, please give us a call!