Summer temperatures and heatwaves can be brutal for families! When the temperatures get about 90 degrees, the last place you want to be is outside. Today we wanted to share with you a list of places you and your family can go to Beat The Heat!
1. Restaurants – Taking the family out for lunch will help you stay out of the heat for at least an hour or so. Make sure to stay hydrated and drink lots of water!
2. Shopping – Big malls can be a great place to escape to summer heat. Big stores like IKEA can take you an hour+ just to walk through, giving you plenty of time to cool down. They also offer a cafe so you can stay and enjoy their famous Swedish meatballs!
3. Movies – Growing up the movies were always the first place my family thought of to go beat the heat! This can be a good option especially if your theatre offers specials or discounted matinee prices.
4. Bowling – This can be a great inexpensive options for bigger families! With games ranging from $4.00-$8.00 per game your family can escape the heat for a couple of hours!
5. Beaches/Lakes/Pools/Waterparks – I don’t know if this qualifies as “beating the heat” but if it is scorching outside it is always nice to be next to water!
6. Local Ice Rink – Assuming you can skate, this might be the front runner for anti-heatwave activities!
7. Libraries/Community Centers – This might be a good option for families who enjoy reading or taking classes together! Most community centers offer art classes, dance classes and other options in an air conditioned environment!
If you think your ducts need to be cleaned, call us today! (888) DUCTOK